Wednesday 13 November 2013

Prayer Arrows: Sorry

The Arrow Prayers are ©2000 Kay and Steve Morgan-Gurr. 
Art work is by Neil Crook

Sorry.

The Arrow that points around and in. 

Being truly sorry means:
I know I have done wrong, I will try not to do it again, I will ask for God's help when I am tempted, and I want to forgive others because God has forgiven me

The fantastic news is that because of Jesus - if we truly say sorry to God and mean it,
He will forgive us!

1 John 1:9 (TLB)
But if we confess our sins to him,[a] he can be depended on to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. And it is perfectly proper for God to do this for us because Christ died to wash away our sins.

Psalm 103:11-13 (TLB)
11) for his mercy toward those who fear and honour him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. 12) He has removed our sins as far away from us as the east is from the west. 13) He is like a father to us, tender and sympathetic to those who reverence him.


When I do this prayer with children I use different activities - it depends on the age and stage of the children.

Some times I do 'Fizzy Prayers' (Click the link to see what this is)

Sometimes I get the children to write or draw their sorry prayers and we put the prayers through the shredder.

Occasionally we will write them on flash paper, get the children to fold them, and put them in a bowl...... and then I set light to them. (Flash paper does what it says - it disappears in an instant flash when lit). You may need to do a risk assessment on this!

With some children we get them to pin their prayers on a wooden cross - with the promise we won't read them!

Other Prayer Arrows can be found here:
(More coming over the next few days)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.